Wellness is a lifelong process of becoming aware of choices and making decisions toward a more balanced and fulfilling life for yourself and your family. We believe that wellness benefits the community as well as the family and as such, follow the Healthy People 2020 protocol. This protocol is a national agenda for reducing the most significant preventable threats to health.
The goals of Healthy People 2020 include:
- Attain high-quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury and premature death
- Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities and improve the health of all groups
- Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all
- Promote quality of life, healthy development and healthy behaviors across all life stages
As such, we have implemented a wellness program series. We have classes for adults and children, and some activities can even be done together with family members. Our wellness programs take place in the Community rooms and include:
- Family Yoga – bring your kids aged 3 & up: Sat., 10 a.m.
- Gentle Yoga: M & W, 10 a.m.
- Meditation 101: Calm the Monkey Mind: W & H, 6 p.m.
- Tai Chi for Beginners: H & F, 3 p.m.
- Vegetarian Eating & Cooking – Sat., 1:00 p.m.
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga: T & H, 5 p.m.
- Yoga for Kids: Sat., 11:30